Mayor's Youth Council
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed it's the only thing that ever has.- Margaret Mead
MAYOR'S YOUTH council overview
How Do I Apply?
- Apply online by May 2, 2022. Prospective members apply in the Spring and are selected by May 15, 2022.
- Complete the waiver form and attach it to your online application form.
- Complete the online application form according to the instructions. The application form requires you to write a 200-300 word essay.
- Obtain one reference from a teacher, guidance counselor, or principal. Persons providing these references should not be related to you.
- Possess an accrued grade point average of 2.75, based on a 4.0 system.
- Essay topics: Mayor’s Youth Council is especially focused on the importance of community service. "What service project ideas could you bring to the Council?” or “If selected for the Mayor’s Youth Council, I would like to address the following issues concerning youth in Clarksville."